I've been obsessing the last couple of week about setting myself up for success with running and especially running a marathon. So today I was on Pinterest, shocking I know, and found this awesome post about tips for new runners.
http://feeds.feed.burner.com/MakeItAndLoveIt
Hopefully you will be able to click on the link and read the article.
I would love to hear some things that you do or are planning on doing to be successful at this program.
For me it's having people I am accountable for outside of my self (awe, thanks guys!) another big thing is going to be getting up early and running at the same time everyday. i am not a morning person but I found out that no matter what time I wake up I always hit a wall at about 4. I figure if getting up at 6 makes me as tired as i am waking up with Chloe at 7:30 why not.
Like I said I would like to know what things help you to be successful!
I can't access the article. Do you have the right address?
ReplyDeletehttp://www.makeit-loveit.com/2012/01/a-runner-im-not-a-real-one-but-i-pretend.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MakeItAndLoveIt+%28Make+It+and+Love+It%29
DeleteTry this one!
What do I plan to do to be successful??? that's a good question, since I'm not usually successful. Tomorrow we're going to move my elliptical downstairs with the intention of using it for more than just a towel rack. I like to watch tv while I "run" on it, and I don't have netflix upstairs. And I'm going to set my alarm clock on the other side of the bedroom so I have to get out of bed to turn it off. When it's right by my head it's far to easy to turn it off, then roll over and go back to sleep...and I'm going to get to bed before midnight. I'm already working on changing my diet...again. I fell off the healthy-for-you eating plan. Time to get back on the wagon. And it helps to be accountable to someone other than myself. I can talk myself out of doing just about anything that seems remotely hard or uncomfortable when I only answer to me.
ReplyDeleteMom while you are getting back into healthy eating I would love to know more about what foods to eat before and after a run. So if you hear anything let us know!
ReplyDelete