Monday, August 26, 2013



Today’s running adventure….First of all, it was very hard to get out of bed.  When I check my alarm before going to sleep, I determine that I won’t press the snooze button in the morning.  Doggone it, I’m going to jump out of bed as soon as that alarm goes off and begin my running adventure!  Well, 6 ½ to 7 hours later, after one maybe two potty wakeups, the alarm goes off and I tell myself I can press the snooze button once, then I’ll get up…two presses max!  Half an hour later I’ve run out of any extra time I allowed myself and I must get up or I won’t get to work on time!  So, I find my clothes….they’re not laid out this Monday morning because the group from last week finally got washed and I forgot to replace the pile….luckily I don’t have that many clothes and the search doesn’t last very long. I get a big drink of water, gotta wake up the internal organs, and I’d begin if I could only find my shoe…..oh, I better go potty again…..

An hour after my alarm first went off, I’m ready to start…the muscles are not happy!  Then Glee starts singing “Proud Mary”..and I get into my groove. While I know the laws of time and physics don’t change, I’m sure the 90 seconds of running takes longer than the 2 minutes of walking…just saying…  Fourteen minutes hit, I’ve done two sets and I’m thinking Lahia is crazy…then those cute boys from One Direction tell me how beautiful I am, and I smile and keep running. Then the birds from Rio are telling the world how they found the girl, me, and I’m grooving and singing as I walk (there’s no singing as I run, barely breathing). So, maybe Lahia’s not so crazy afterall…. ;0).  And just when I hit 28 minutes and it’s hard to see through the sweat dripping in my eyes, I think “oh my heck, do I walk those last two minutes or just lay on my bed and will myself back to life?” , ELO kicks in with “I’m Alive”  and once again I’m rejuvenated! I smile, continue for two minutes…go get a drink of water…and I get to post that I completed my workout for today…and life is good!...and now to get ready for work…maybe I can skip makeup…..

1 comment:

  1. Mom you crack me up. I probably am crazy, lol. I ran out of music on my c25k app with a couple of runs left. Makes time go by so much slower. I have a few songs that pump me up when I am feeling like quitting. You are doing awesome! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.